Sep 18, 2012

Embossing and Gelatos with the Sweet Stamp Shop

Hi everyone! Laurel here! I had so much fun creating with my Sweet Stamp Shop sets, I couldn't just stop at one set! So today, I've got two fun cards in store for you using different techniques. I'll start with the more detailed of the two cards! I love the Haunted House set from the newest release! The house is so fun and can be easily converted into a not so haunted house by omitting the bats, but my theme of this card is Halloween so I kept it as is. I colored the house with watercolor pencils and created that gorgeous moon with a circle punch and Faber Castell gelatos.



The background was created using the Crafter's Workshop template and some shimmer spritz in silver and gold. I love the fence in the set! I curved it just a bit and nestled it behind the house. And of course, I had to add some Glossy Accents to the windows....... :) This card really shimmers in person!


And a close up:




And now onto my second card using It's A Man's World. I heat embossed two of the tie images and the bow tie on some textured orange Core'Dinations card stock. See the light orange trim along the  bottom? That's part of the cool card stock so I figured it was perfect for a sentiment strip!


A little heat embossing goes a long way, so I didn't have to add much else to this card other than outlining the card base with the chiseled side of a black Copic marker.... This card would be easy to mass produce and you can customize the sentiment however you want using Sweet Alpha Doodles.




InLinkz.com

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to head on over to the shop and pick up your stamps while they last!



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yippeee I'm the first to comment! ;) Adorable cards Laurel! That moon is so so pretty colored with Gelatos, love your curved fence and glossy windows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look of the oranges! very spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are so awesome...Laurel is so creative and awesome with all these bright colors...love it..

    ReplyDelete